In Autodesk 3ds Max I had a user that received an error like so:
[Arnold]: [osl] C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2021\<buffer>:1: error: error: could not find include file: C:\Users eil\AppData\Local\Temp/e69e-363f-eb4c-0e90 [MAXtoA]: Failed to set parameter 'param_horizon_height' of type 04 on node '/Physical_Sun___Sky_Environment'.
The problem is the username is Neil and in programming terms a /n mean press enter so it should read as
If you program is updated and you still have this issue then you can use this work around:
What you will need:
- Download https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/psexec
- This bat script code with your information copied to a bat file and put in C:\IT:
cd C:\IT start "" psexec.exe -i -d -u .\owner -p Pass123456789 "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2021\3dsmax.exe"
- Problem User account: Neil
- Example new account to create: owner
- Example password: Pass123456789 (I recommend avoiding special characters. Meet password complexity requirements by having upper case, lower case and numbers in the password)
- Example Directory: C:\IT
Skip to step 2 if you know how to create a user account already
Step 1 Create a local user account
- Right click the windows icon and click Settings
- Click Accounts
- Click Other Users and click the plus next to Add someone else to this PC
- Click I don’t have this person’s sign-in information
- Click Add a user without a Microsoft Account
- Fill in the required information and click Next(DON’T USE AN ACCOUNT NAME THAT STARTS WITH THE LETTER N)
- Click on the new user and select Change account type
- Under Account Type select Administrator and click Ok
Step 2 Login to the new account and get profile ready
- Login as owner
- Open Autodesk
- Once open you can close it (That needed to be done to create the appdata files for this user)
- Open Windows File Explorer and right click Desktop folder
- Go to properties and select the Location tab
- Change the path to your main account (for my example I will change owner to neil and then click Apply)
- You will get a warning message. Click Yes. and when done click OK.
- Repeat the above for each profile folder in this list (e.g. Right click Downloads and go to properties and change the location, ect.)
Technical Note: I am doing this because if I am using Autodesk and click File>Open and go to Documents I want to access MY account documents NOT the owner’s documents folder. The Owner’s documents folder will be empty. By changing the location to my profile when I click documents or desktop folder in Autodesk when using this script it will be linked to my files.
Step 3 Login to your main account and execute script
- For my example I will login to the Neil account
- Copy psexec.exe and the autodesk.bat file you made from the code above into C:\IT
- Create a shortcut to autodesk.bat for quick use if you like. Double click it and it should open Autodesk 3ds max in the owner environment but you can still see your files
- I don’t have autodesk on my test computer so here is an example of opening internet explorer on the owner account using the batch script above
- In Task manager I can see that Internet Explorer is opened as my username and I have another instance opened as owner and can interact with both on my Anthony account, pretty sweet.